Tuesday 23 October 2012

Waiting Prayerfully

There are many different ways in which we can wait on God. One of the ways is waiting prayerfully. What does that mean? Well, just like the phrase itself say wait prayerfully, it means that while we are waiting for God to answer us, we need to continue to pray and bless Him and thank Him.

It doesn't matter if you haven't received what you asked for yet, keep thanking Him. By doing so, you will be confusing the enemy. Satan will be confused, because he will not know if you are still waiting or if you have already received your answer.

The hardest thing to do in life is waiting. Nobody likes to play the waiting game anymore. We all want things to happen real quick. This world is fast becoming a microwave world, where we all want things done quickly. No one has the patience to wait for anything anymore.

We all know that good things come to those who wait. We need to learn to have patience. We must take things one step at a time. We need to realize that God is not a respecter of person. He does what He wants when He wants. He is not going to do something for you just because you decide to throw a tantrum. He is just going to make you wait longer if you do that. He wants to cultivate patience in us.

Even as parents, we teach out children to wait. We teach them to wait until after dinner to have that sweet, chocolate or ice cream, we teach them to wait until they have finished their chores or homework before they can go and play. If they throw a tantrum, we teach them patience by making them wait for a longer period of time before they get what they want.

God is our Father, and just like we teach our children to wait, He wants to do the same for us. He wants us to realize that life is not all about us getting what we want when we want.

Don't waste your time getting angry when you see things not happening at the time that you want it to happen. Just keep praying, keep hoping, and better still, keep waiting. Because whatever it is that you are waiting for will come to pass one day. In God's timing. He saves the best for last.

I know that waiting can be very painful, but in the end it will be worth it. I am still waiting on God's promises for my life and believe me I feel the pain of waiting everyday. Sometimes I feel like giving up and forgetting about what I am waiting for, but then as I pray and chat with God about it, He gives me the reassurance that He is going to come through for me. He comforts me and rocks me in His arms like a baby as I cry my eyes out to Him. He takes the pain away and makes me feel confident again.

It is ok to feel tired of waiting. We all do sometimes. Just don't give up. Keep building the patience. I know that one day I will shout from the mountain tops, "It was worth the wait!"

After all, we are all waiting for the return of Christ. We don't have a clue when that will happen, but we still keep on waiting and watching prayerfully every day don't we? If we can wait for that, I am sure we can all have the patience to wait for whatever we have asked of God or for whatever He has promised us He will do in our lives.

Keep on waiting my friend. Wait prayerfully and it shall come to pass.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment